Entries for the I AM Spring in the Hills competition open on 1stJune 2018 and will close at midnight on 7thAugust 2018. Any entries received after this time will not be considered.
Cost of entry is $20.00 per image. The fee is to be payable at the time of submitting the entry by credit card via PayPal, or EFT.
Entrants may submit up to four images with a maximum of two entries in any one category.
There are two separate stages in entering this competition and exhibition.
- First stage is submitting a digital image for judging in the competition. Images will be graded as ‘Accepted’ or ‘Not Accepted’.
- Second stage is printing and mounting the ‘Accepted’ image to be submitted and ready to be hung in the Gallery. This is at the entrants cost.
- Winning entries will be judged from those entries graded as ‘Accepted’.
- The competition is open to amateur photographers who reside in Western Australia. For the purpose of this competition a professional photographer is considered to be either an AIPP member (Student or Full) or an individual whose photography is their prime source of income.
- All elements of an image need to be photographic in origin and captured/created by the author, including all developing/post production, and must have been taken after 1stJune 2016.
- Images entered, regardless of category, must have been taken on different occasions and/or of a different subject matter, as the intent of this competition is to showcase unique, content- diverse pictures.If two images are considered to be of the same subject, we will attempt to contact the photographer to discuss this, but if contact cannot be made before the closing date of the competition, the first received will be retained and the other/s disqualified.
- Images previously entered into ANY other competition, other than Club level, cannot be entered. Rule 3 will be applied to similar images entered in previous competitions.
- Images cannot be watermarked or logo imbedded
- The image must not reflect any material that could constitute or encourage conduct which would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law either of the Jurisdiction or any other country whose laws may apply to the entry (Evidence of licenses, permits, model release forms etc, must be provided on request or your image may be disqualified).
- Copyright remains with the entrant, but the entrant agrees that the GEM Camera Club may have limited license to use any entered image for GEM Camera Club promotional purposes, either online or in print. If used, the photographer will be credited, though, no logos or watermarks will be applied.
- Entries that may not comply to the rules or topic will be considered by the Competition Coordinator and/or Review Committee before they are disqualified.
- Judges and Review Committee decisions will be final, no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- There will be no refund of entry fees for entries deemed to be ineligible and disqualified.
- All Prizes must be taken as offered.
- By entering the Competition, I acknowledge that I have read and understand the rules of this competition and I warrant that:
a) The entry/entries are my own original work;
b) All details provided with the entry are true and accurate;
c) I have all necessary rights and authorities to grant GEM Camera Club the rights to use their images as outlined in the Conditions of Entry;
d) Use of the entry by GEM Camera Club, in accordance with the Conditions of Entry, will not infringe the rights of any third party; and,
e) My entry does not breach ANY law, including but not limited to laws relating to use of drones, minors and photographing people in public places.
- Files MUST contain metadata with full EXIF data so that the date of capture can be confirmed.
- File specifications for digital images:
- Images to be sized no more than 1920 pixels wide AND no more than 1080 pixels high
- Resolution is 72 – 150 (ppi)
- Maximum file size shall be 2 MB
- The colour space for all entries to be sRGB
- The file format is to be JPEG
- Entrant’s first name, surname (in that order), category entered and the entry number within that category.
- The following short form labels should be used for the categories:
- COK = City of Kalamunda
- NAT = Nature
- OPEN = Open
- JUN = Junior
- Each word is to be separated by an underscore.
Example: Ansel_Adams_OPEN_1.jpg Joe_Bloggs_NAT_2.jpg
Images are destined to be critically appraised by judges and hung in exhibition. They need to be light and compact for ease of transportation and display, of a standard size, and format for ease of handling and judging and be of materials that will not damage other entries. Furthermore, as judges, peers and the public will view images, both the content and the presentation must be of a high standard. With these requirements in mind, the following rules apply.
- Prints must be flush mounted on a board, preferably high-density foam core board, or matted behind a window mount
- A window mount matte must be black or white
- The external size of the mount must be 42cm x 59.4cm
- The window mount matte and backing board must be the same size
- The maximum thickness of the matte, print and backing is 10mm
- The maximum visible print size is 40cm x 50cm
- The minimum visible print size is 260mm on the longest side.
- All prints and mounts must be affixed permanently using methods and materials that are proven for long term adhesion. Prints that slip on the mount may be excluded from judging or removed from exhibition.
- The matte and backing must be free of hooks, velcro, glue or sticky residue.
- Taping of matte edges is not acceptable.
- The print is to be labelled on the BACK, TOP LEFT, with the same detail as the digital entry
- Images not mounted according to above specifications will be removed from exhibition.
* As GEM Camera Club is affiliated with WAPF, the rules have been adopted from WAPF.
Damage Loss and Insurance
While the organisers will take the greatest care with the entries, the GEM Camera Club cannot accept responsibility for loss or damagethat may occur. Insurance is the responsibility of the entrant.
Data Storage and Security
By entering the competition, the entrant is accepting that images and limited personal information will be stored on our website.
The limited nature of personal information required when entering the competition is not considered to be a security risk, although every effort is made to keep the website secure. Any payment, and details of payment are handled via PayPal on a secure network connection. GEM Camera Club accepts no responsibility for any loss of images or personal information from our website or social media sites.