Entries for the Spring in the Hills competition open on 24th June 2019 and will close at midnight on 14th August 2019. Any entries received after this date will not be considered.
Entrants may submit up to eight images with a maximum of two entries per any one category.
Cost per number of entries
|Entry number||Cost||Entry number||Cost|
The fee is to be payable at the time of submitting the entry by credit card via PayPal, or EFT
Please read carefully:
- The competition is open to amateur photographers who reside in Western Australia. For the purpose of this competition a professional photographer is considered to be a full member of AIPP and whose photography is their prime source of income.
- All elements of an image need to be 100% photographic in origin and captured/created by the author, including all developing/post production, within the 24-month period before the closing date for entries.
- The category requirements in the category descriptions form part of the rules.
- The purpose of the competition is to judge and reward visually impactful images. The same subject may be used across multiple entries, though it is a requirement that entrants submit images that are significantly different.
- Images cannot be watermarked or logo imbedded
- The competition review committee reserves the right to reject an image if in their opinion
- it is or may be attended by unlawful or immoral aspects, or
- publication might expose Gem Camera Club to criminal prosecution or civil liability
- Copyright remains with the entrant, but the entrant agrees that the GEM Camera Club may have limited license to use any entered image for GEM Camera Club promotional purposes, either online or in print. If used, the photographer will be credited, though, no logos or watermarks will be applied.
- Entries that do not comply with the rules or topic will be disqualified. There will be no refund of entry fees for entries deemed to be ineligible and disqualified
- Judges and Review Committee decisions will be final, no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- All Prizes must be taken as offered.
*As GEM Camera Club is affiliated with WAPF, the rules have been adopted from WAPF.
How to Enter
Enter online by completing the entry form, and uploading files as per instructions provided. Entries close at midnight on 14th August 2019. The digital image submitted must be ‘ready to print’. All post processing needs to be completed including cropping and image adjusted to correct size for printing. Complete the disclaimer on the entry form
- Files MUST contain metadata with full EXIF data so that the date of capture can be confirmed.
- File Specifications of Digital Images
- Images to be sized 3000 pixels on the longest edge
- Resolution of 300 dpi/ppi
- The colour space for all entries to be sRGB
- The file format is to be JPEG
- The files MUST be correctly named with your First name, Surname, category, image number for the category. The uploaded image filename should be letters, numbers, hyphens and underscores only.
Example: Ansell_Adams_ NAT_1.jpg Ansell_Adams_COK_2.jpg
The competition name and category names cannot be used as the title.
*The following short form labels should be used for the categories
- COK = City of Kalamunda
- NAT = Nature
- SCAPES = Landscape/ Seascape
- TRAVEL = Travel/Destination
- OPEN = Pictorial
- Composites and digital manipulation are permitted except for Nature/Wildlife and Travel/Destination. Refer to the descriptions for these categories.
In 2019 printing will be arranged by the competition organisers at a cost to the entrant.
The arrangements include sending the digital image to the printer; collecting the finished print and transporting to Zig Zag Gallery in preparation for the exhibition.
Prints will be printed on high quality paper; flush mounted on a high-density foam core board, and matted to the maximum size of 40 x 50cm. The maximum image area will be A3 – 297 x 420mm. Pricing of the prints are $? and are will be completed through a reputable provider.
Damage Loss and Insurance
The organisers will take the greatest care with the entries, GEM Camera Club cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage that may occur. Insurance is the responsibility of the entrant.
Data Storage and Security
By entering the competition, the entrant is accepting that images and limited personal information will be stored on our website.
The limited nature of personal information required when entering the competition is not considered to be a security risk, although every effort is made to keep the website secure. Any payment, and details of payment are handled via PayPal on a secure network connection. GEM Camera Club accepts no responsibility for any loss of images or personal information from our website or social media sites.